Our bouquet workshop focuses on the technique of creating a hand-tied bouquet (think Parisian market style!) wrapped in a paper sleeve and tied with a ribbon or twine. A perfectly effortless look that is stunning, simple and packed with elegant blooms and foliage from our farms.
The workshop begins with a tour around the farm before gathering as a group to start the hands-on portion of the day. Each participant will be provided with a gorgeous selection of fresh cut flowers gathered from our farms, and the tools needed for designing with them. Samantha and Tiffany will lead a brief tutorial on design techniques and will be at hand as you create your bouquet to give any tips or help as needed!
Workshop topics will include discussions and demonstrations related to both growing and designing with flowers, such as:
- Organic growing methods
- Recommended tools for home gardening
- How and when to properly harvest and handle cut flowers
- How to extend flower “vase life”
- Flower varieties that perform best in the Driftless region’s growing conditions
- Demonstration of the basic techniques and principles used to design and wrap beautiful hand-tied bouquets
Light refreshments will be included.
- Saturday, May 13th, 5-7pm at Deep Rooted (E8975 E. Ridge Rd. Westby, WI 54667)
- Saturday, June 17th, 2-4pm at Deep Rooted (E8975 E. Ridge Rd. Westby, WI 54667)
- Sunday, September 17th, 2-4pm at Pennycress Studio (S2620A Sebion Lane Viroqua, WI 54665)