Our centerpiece design workshop focuses on the technique of creating a gorgeous floral arrangement designed in a vase - perfect for displaying on your dining table or another focal point in your home. This composed design will teem with garden-fresh blooms and foliage from our fields.
The workshop begins with a tour around the farm before gathering as a group to start the hands-on portion of the day. Each participant will be provided with a gorgeous selection of fresh cut flowers gathered from our farms, and the tools needed for designing with them. Samantha and Tiffany will lead a brief tutorial on design techniques and will be at hand as you create your arrangement to give any tips or help as needed!
Workshop topics will include discussions and demonstrations related to both growing and designing with flowers, such as:
- Organic growing methods
- Recommended tools for home gardening
- How and when to properly harvest and handle cut flowers
- How to extend flower “vase life”
- Flower varieties that perform best in the Driftless region’s growing conditions
- Demonstration of the basic techniques and principles used to design a floral arrangement in a vase
Light refreshments will be included.
- Saturday, July 22, 4-6pm at Pennycress Studio (S2620A Sebion Lane Viroqua, WI 54665)
- Friday, August 25, 5:30-7:30pm at Deep Rooted (E8975 E. Ridge Rd. Westby, WI 54667)